Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fleischer SUPERMAN on DVD


My obsession with the Fleischer Bros./ Famous Studios SUPERMAN animated shorts has evolved over the years to carry over into the home video format changeover from cassette to the digital spectrum, a.k.a. DVD.
Again, it's a cheap thing to collect....I think the only time I've spent more than two bucks for any of the discs pictured below was when I sprung the 20 bones for the "official" warner Bros. Home Video release (pictured above), pre-ordering it from Amazon a couple years back.  These discs, much like their VHS forefathers, can be had for a dime a dozen, and everybody with a means to duplicate digital video discs and their brother has done a release of some sort. Will my addiction carry through unto Blu-Ray?  Probably, though it surprises me that nobody has stepped up and done a cheap BD release as of yet.
So here's a peak at my personal collection of Fleischer Superman on DVD....


























No comments:

Post a Comment